General Summary: Parkland Properties and Columbia School of English is seeking a part-time (20+ hours a week) Office Operations / Marketing Assistant to assist our Executive Director and our small, but kickass team on a part time basis to improve marketing and promotional materials and providing exemplary student service to students, staff, and visitors of the Columbia School of English and assignments related to Parkland Properties.
The Columbia School of English provides international students with a personalized and high quality learning environment allowing them to adjust to life in a U.S. academic environment and prepare for long-term academic and professional success. CSE's programs for international students provide tailored academic and English language instruction coupled with a highly supportive learning environment that supports adjustment to life in the U.S. and long-term academic success.
At Parkland Properties, we do Property Management and Real Estate Development.
We are a small team, so everyone on our team needs to be entreprenurial-ish, wear many hats, have a growth mindset, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s like the size of a very small startup than big company. We’ll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: admissions, marketing, customer/student service. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved before. You’ll have the opportunity to solve challenges and hopefully, you'll learn a ton, have fun, and most importantly, make a positive life-long impact on international and immigrant students from around the world.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Office Operations / Marketing Assistant is an integral member of the Columbia School of English team reporting directly to Executive Director. This position serves as the first point of contact and provides exemplary student service to students, staff, and visitors of the Columbia School of English. The Office Operations / Marketing Assistant works closely with our small team that manages Operations, Student Experience, Marketing, Academic Advising, and Enrollment in order to answer inquiries and assist students with finding answers. We need someone to join our team in our ambitious plans to become the number #1, largest English language program in the state of Oregon.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will generally include the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to CSE students/guests to help direct questions to right team members.
- Serve as liaison between students and various team members to resolve student issues and deliver a positive student experience.
- Guide students through application and immigration processes, assisting with the completion and submission of forms.
- Use our technology systems to track the status of applications and liaise with appropriate people.
- Assist in school-wide events for employee and student engagement.
- Promote and organize campus activities to students to encourage engagement and integration within CSE and city of Portland.
- Assist in being at the front desk as well as providing programmatic support to the Team.
- Other duties may be assigned by Executive Director.
- Assist in exercising creative judgement in developing and organizing print and digital content that promote enrollment growth initiatives with team. These materials include but are not limited to: brochures, flyers and other print collateral; video content, student testimonials; website content and social media posts, Powerpoint presentations and student pre-arrival communications.
- Author and produce engaging, student facing content, including but not limited to student, staff and faculty testimonials distributed through various marketing channels (print, video, social media).
- Schedule and create meeting minutes
- Ensure Front Desk and are is supplied with applications, brochures, business cards, and other office supplies.
- Answer phone lines and direct callers to the appropriate team members.
- Supervise the locking and unlocking of the classroom and building doors each day.
- Ensure that the front lobby and student lounge area is clean, well maintained, and work orders are properly submitted.
- Assist and collaborate with team members and other departments with projects as needed for Parkland Properties and Columbia School of English.
- Other duties may be assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s Degree, or prior administrative support experience
- Able to work independently and as part of team
- Highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural, verbal and written communications skills
- Microsoft office proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) or other creative design software is a major major plus.
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and refine systems and processes.
- Experience working in international education or in student services within an educational institution.
- Experience working in a diverse environment with non-native English speakers.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines,
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Ability to accurately compose letters and other informational materials in a grammatically correct style
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent internet and search skills
- Team player
- Needs to be at the office @ 9:00am
Compensation begins @ $15/hr